Sunday 13 November 2022

Welcome to our new President.



Congratulations and best wishes to Anne Gleeson who has accepted nomination for President of the
President, Anne Gleeson

LMFHG
at the Committee Meeting held on 11th November 2022. This position had remained vacant since the last President stepped down at our Annual General Meeting in August.

Anne writes: "I am married to Terry and we are the parents of 4, grandparents of 8 and great grandparents of 2. Terry and I have lived in Lake Macquarie for the past 25 years and my family has strong ties to the Newcastle area. Dad's family settled in Newcastle from Ireland in 1865.
 
Whilst I have been researching for the last 20 years my approach has not really been focused until the last little while. I am almost finished the University of Tasmania’s Diploma in Family History and this has assisted in organising my efforts.

I have a strong interest in writing family stories and some of these I share on my blog http://thehouseoflostvintage.blogspot.com/

It is my hope that I will be able to provide leadership to the Association which is pro-active and based on the needs of the members. I am keen to look at current processes and procedures to ensure they are effective and in keeping with the Aims and Objectives of the organisation."

No comments:

Post a Comment